Friday, December 4, 2009

New Moon for the FOURTH time!!!



They say third time's a charm??? I say it's more like fourth!
Just saw New Moon with my gals +1 Twi-newb, and can't say that I'm tired of it yet!
Figured out that they have an Edward sped-up scene as he gets out of the truck after taking her home from that ill-fated birthday party. Didn't even notice that the first/second/third time! (Enter Esme "hello, he's a vampire?!")
My sis, who officially announced to me that she's on Team Jacob (whatever!) after seeing New Moon also brought to my attention Bella's "hungry eyes". Hungry as in can't take her eyeballs off of Jacob's chest! After she mentioned it I made sure to watch out for it, and sure enough she hardly looked him in the eyes! But you know, it could be that she is really getting into the role of Bella, who is so down-in-the-dumps that she can't even look at people's faces... no? Yeah, can't blame her for looking where she does anyhoots.
She also mentioned that the ending with Victoria is very unclear to an non-reader. Absolutely correct, all we see is her sinking back into the water maliciously... and it isn't explained why she didn't just attack Bella & Jacob on the beach.
And Edward's telephone call - I just realized that they didn't follow the book in the sense that Jacob thought it was Carlisle calling. In the movie he is very aware that it's Edward's voice?
Our Twi-newb gal pal does agree that Jacob's abs are indeed yummy=looking, but she can't get over that fact how cruel Bella is in the movie. And yes, it's true. I think she seems a tad bit more selfish on screen than in the book. I guess she does a lot more explaining/discouraging to Jacob in the book, that's why.
So yea, just some tidbits I picked up here and there... all I can say/sigh is "Oh, Edward..."

No comments:

Post a Comment