Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Supernatural Fall TV Lineup

I hardly watch tv unless VH1's "My Antonio" is on, or unless I have CNN on in the background. But after catching a glimpse of some of the new shows starting this fall, I might be putting in more tube time!

The Vampire Diaries: Oh, Hello?... Just the name alone is enough to want to make you watch this series. Throw in a bunch of good looking actors and - really, need I say anything more? I saw the pilot episode last week, and it looks promising; although it veers away from the book quite a bit from what I've been reading so far. Paul Wesley plays Stephan (whose name I like already), and that dude that got killed off early on LOST plays Damon, his evil brother who tries to steal away the main character Elena. Talk about a bizarre love triangle.


Eastwick: You remember the movie, right? "Witches of Eastwick?" With Michelle Pfeiffer and some other two ladies? This new show is based on that movie, which is actually based on a book with the same title by John Updike. It stars Rebecca Romijin, and some other two ladies. Starts 9/23 on ABC. Is this going to be like an older "Charmed"?


Three Rivers: Hey, it's the "Moonlight" guy! (Not to be confused with "Moonlighting", which is a different show in all possible ways.) So I guess Aussie Alex O'Loughlin's doing ok! Sorry, the sexiness factor goes down quite a few notches when his role as vampire-detective switches to medical doctor... but here's an interesting factoid on the actor: he was once considered for Daniel Craig's role as James Bond! I don't know if that would've really worked, unless 007 became Vamp007.

Enjoy these shows if you catch 'em, and let me know what you think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment