Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Latest New Moon Trailer: My Commentary


Well, this is probably the third and last New Moon trailer that's coming out. I have to say that it's awesome!!! The first trailer was a good opener to what the feel of the film was going to be like, and the second was well.... all about JACOB! So of course that's all good, too. But seeing this last trailer pushed me back over to Team Edward's side for sure. Here are some neat things I noticed from it:

We finally get a decent look at the Volturi, and just how important/scary they are to the series. From reading another blog post, I've learned that the scene where a victim is being disposed of may be a flashback, because if you look closely in the background you'll see Carlisle wearing clothing from that period. A ha...

Next there's the infamous break-up scene and a direct tie-in with the book where Edward asks Bella to promise not to "do anything reckless." I love the following scenes where you can really see how much Bella is hurting from losing Edward. I think this is a really important element to how close the movie is to the book, because for most of it Bella is empty, like she has a hole ripped into her that actually causes her pain. The part where she is screaming on the bed in the middle of the night is so "New Moon", I'm sure Stephenie will love it!

Notice that Edward's car is BLACK??? Not silver??? Woops....

Then we see Jacob and the motorcycle scene, and finally some shots of Bella's attempt to go out with Jessica and also the Mike-Bella-Jacob date scene! I heard that Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner fought hard to keep this scene in the movie. It is important.

Oooo, then some awesome shots of the cliff diving scene. Those waves do actually look scary, they did a good job with that. And here you get a glimpse of just how crazy Bella is (like the book) and how she would easily risk her life just to see Edward in her head. (An upside down Edward!)

Double Ooooo, then we see a beautiful, semi-naked Jacob pulling her out of the water and consoling her as he's dripping all over. ~Shiver!~

Then here comes Alice with the news that Edward's going to commit suicide. Frankly, I don't think they should've revealed this in the trailer, because it's so obvious that Bella manages to reach Edward in time! First you see them racing in the yellow Porsche (can kinda tell that it's a fake background), then Bella jumping through the water fountain to save a semi-naked Edward. Then all of a sudden they're both facing the Volturi! Like duh, you shouldn't give it away... I do love Jacob's "Please, stay here, for me" look, though. Intense!

One of my favorite parts of this trailer is when the lovely if not sickly looking Edward telling Felix "You can go to hell" - the look he gives him is classic! So it looks like Demetri is just idly standing by for most of the trailer, because then we cut to the action sequences with Edward battling it out with Felix! I must say, it's not in the book, but it's very nice.

Oh, before that you see Charlie and his police buds looking for someone in the woods, then a bad guy dropping down from the trees. Can't tell if it's Victoria or Laurent. And another added bonus! The fight scene between Laurent and the wolves which was only implied in the book has made it to the screen. I think this is great, because the book itself is rather dialogue heavy and doesn't have much action. But I hope they don't draw out the battle too long, because the wolves were supposed to finish off Laurent super easy.

Much better wolf CG!!! They actually look menacing instead of cute.

I never realized that Edward is literally getting his butt kicked by Felix. How are they going to end this fight? Exciting stuff! This trailer just gave me the added anticipation I needed to decide that I was going to the midnite premiere after all.

What do you think of the new trailer?

1 comment:

  1. Hi 808Twilighter! =)

    I like your blog!!! And I like your name too!! =)
    (u don't have contact infor so I will write in your comments)

    My name is Twihardmama808 and I wanted to thank you for "following" us on "Twilight-ing In Hawaii 808 Twilighters" and welcome 808Twilighter Sister.

    We are a non-profit blog group whose mission statement is "Love. Aloha. TWILIGHT" and to help illterate kids read by donating books to Literacy Hawaii (it's on our right sidebar). We have just started this book donation project and will announce more soon. (I haven't even posted on the blog)

    I hope you'll be attending our New Moon Movie Premier Celebration at D&B. We will also be meeting at Dole for the premeir on 11/20. You are more than welcome to join us!!!

    If you ever want to meet up and have lunch let me know. You can contact me at 808Twilighters@gmail.com.

    I hope to hear from you soon! =)

    Have a great Thursday!
    TwihardMama808

    ReplyDelete